One of the top meal replacements shakes in the market today is the Isagenix Isalean shake. Isagenix markets the Isalean brand as a balanced meal replacement protein with good fat to keep craving at bay, promote weight loss, build strong bones, and enhance the development of lean muscles.
The first moment that you visit their website could be tempting to simply pick Isagenix Isalean shake from the attractive words selection and shout-outs of 23 vitamins, milk proteins, and enthralling flavors. However, you cannot fail but to notice indication of significant sugar levels as well as the high price that could make many to start exploring alternatives immediately. To know the effectiveness of Isagenix Isalean, here is a comprehensive review of the shake so that you can make the right decision.
Ingredients and nutrition
- Isagenix Isalean Nutrients: Isalean Shakes is loaded with 240 calories/serving which is relatively higher compared to others that rarely go beyond 200 calories. However, it is prudent to note that the entire 240 calories are in a large 60 grams packet of powder while other shakes have 100 calories in 30 grams powder packets. Therefore, the difference is very minimal if packets are of the same size.
- Proteins and carbs: In an Isalean’s 60 grams packet, there are 24 grams of protein that represent 40% of entire weight. Also, the packet has 5 grams of fat and additional 24 grams of carbohydrates (11 grams of sugar and 8 grams of fiber).
Other components in this category include 45 mg of cholesterol, 250 mg of sodium, and 320 mg of potassium. Note that the outlined nutrients were observed from the strawberry flavor and might differ slightly with other flavors.
- Vitamins and minerals in Isalean shakes
Isalean Shakes is packed with 23 minerals and vitamins that are very critical for the holistic health of your body.
- Vitamin A that helps to boost cell division, growth and further strengthens the immune system.
- Vitamin C that assists strengthening the skin, lymphatic system, and cells functionality. ‘
- Vitamin D that assists the body reduces risks of diabetes, strengthen bones, and promote better health of the spine.
- Vitamin B that promotes muscle cells growth and nerve development.
- Riboflavin that helps a lot in the transportation of electrons along the nerves and energy production.
- Other vitamins and minerals include Vitamin B, Vitamin E, Calcium, Niacin, Cooper, Selenium, Iodine, Phosphorus, Biotin, and Chromium.
Flavours and tastes
Isalean shakes are sold in 4 major flavors; chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, and black sesame. The most favorite of the four is the chocolate followed closely by vanilla. Their latest flavor is the strawberry that is also gaining a lot of popularity. Black sesame can be served either cold or hot and is the least favorite.
These shakes have made a name because of their sweetness. Well, this is easy to understand because each of them is loaded with 11 grams of sugar. Though this is not significantly high, it could look monumental when compared with other brands. For example, sugar in a packet of Isalean is about 6 times of what is in an equivalent packet of Ideal Shape shakes. Therefore, for people who love to adhere strictly to low quantities of sugar levels in every meal, this might not be the best choice.
One aspect that Isagenix perfected when making Isalean is on taste consistency. No customers complained about the Isalean’s thickness. It appeared okay and even mixed well whether a user wanted to blend with water, fruits, or even milk. However, for those who prefer to blend Isalean with other products especially fruits and milk, it is important to factor the nutrients balance to keep the appetite suppressing ability highly effective.
Length of appetite suppression
Isagenix utilizes a mixture of active enzymes, fibers, and whey proteins to suppress appetite. Well, the key component here is the active enzymes that not only help to suppress hunger but promote fat burning so that you can continue cutting weight even without getting involved in a lot of exercises.
With one serving of Isagenix Isalean, you are sure of starving which is well above average compared to other common shakes. However, if you are very active, the chances are that you will only last for a shorter period because metabolism is elevated. Other factors that can contribute to determining the length of hunger suppression include genetics, age, and fitness levels.
Isagenix Isalean price
The cost of Isagenix Isalean is $48.59 for every can of 24 grams. They do not indicate the number of serving which makes it difficult for buyers to calculate their spending. However, this review found that every can of 24 grams lasts slightly less than 15 days, and users would have to buy two of them to complete a full month translating to about $100 which is on the upper side. You can buy Isagenix Isalean either from their website or commercial stores like Amazon. Note that some stores’ prices could be higher if they include shipping pieces.
Isagenix Isalean advantages
- High protein quantity.
- Effectiveness in suppressing hunger for a long period.
- The shake is free from additives, antibiotics, and hormones.
- Have very many vitamins and minerals that assist to promote the health of the entire body.
Isagenix Isalean disadvantages
While the advantages of using Isagenix Isalean are diverse, it has three major disadvantages. First, the shakes have higher sugar content compared to other shakes in the top category. With a single packet containing sugar up to 6 times than other top competitors, some people might think of sourcing for alternatives. Two, the shakes are very pricey, and many people may prefer to look for other low sugar and more affordable options. Three, Isagenix Isalean does not provide the number of scoops/ servings that a can of 24 grams has.
The Isagenix Isalean came out to be a well thought of food replacement shake with great potential in assisting you to cut weight by suppressing appetite. With diverse flavors and sweet tastes, more users liked the shakes and were ready to even meet the high daily cost. However, Isagenix uses sugar to sweeten the shakes which can compromise the objective of cutting weight. It is, therefore, critical that you weigh the shakes against other immediate competitors to establish whether it is the best alternative.