Even if you searched all over the world, you probably wouldn’t be able to find all of the 70-plus, ultra-high-quality ingredients we’ve included in Shakeology. Not only do you get a wide range of essential nutrients, from the fruits and vegetables you should be eating more of every day, you’ll also get the benefits of important foods from all around the world—foods that the latest scientific research has shown to be highly advantageous to your well-being.
More than 70 different ingredients were chosen from around the world for their potency and bioavailability (the ability to deliver the nutrients your body needs). Here are the key nutrient groups that these ingredients deliver:
- Protein and Essential Amino Acids to help build long, lean muscles and reduce food cravings
- Prebiotics and Digestive Enzymes, which aid in improving digestion, regularity, and nutrient absorption
- Antioxidants and Phytonutrients to help counteract free radical damage that can lead to degenerative diseases
- Vitamins and Minerals your body needs to function for optimal health
- Some Shakeology ingredients are: Maca (maca powder), Sacha Inchi, Yacon, Flax Seed, Chia Seed, Chlorella, Spirulina, Hydrilla, Spinach, Blue Green Algae, Quinoa, Banana Powder, Carrot Powder, Orange Powder, Pineapple Powder, Raspberry Powder, Barley Grass, Oat Grass, Wheat Grass, Green Tea, Stevia, Goji Berry, Schisandra Berry, Gingko Powder, and Blueberry Powder.
Shakeology is gluten free, contains no caffeine, and is free of refined sugars and artificial sweeteners.
Kamut Grass: Coined “nature’s most powerful detoxifier”, Kamut grass cleanses the blood, detoxifies the liver and neutralizes toxins in our cells. Containing phytonutrients, living enzymes, chlorophyll and other array of nutrients, it works in synergy to restore health and vitality.
Acai berry (ah-sigh-ee): What makes Acai such a special and unusual berry is that it not only has a high level of antioxidants but also has healthy fatty acids, protein and dietary fiber. Its unsaturated healthy fats have a fatty acid ratio similar to olive oil. Açaí pulp contains omega 6 and 9 fatty acids.
Quinoa – sprouted (keen-wah): It was once called “the gold of the Incas” for increasing the stamina of Incan warriors. The protein this seed supplies has all nine essential amino acids. These proteins are required by the body as building blocks for muscle. Quinoa is a good source of dietary fiber (to help ease elimination), magnesium (to rid your body of dangerous disease causing substances), phosphorous, folate and iron.
Chia Sead Meal: Known as the running food, it’s used as a high energy endurance food and has been recorded as far back as the ancient Aztecs. It has about 3-10 times the oil concentrations of most grains and one and a half to two times the protein concentrations of other grains. Rich in omega 3, omega 6, protein, fiber and essential trace minerals. (Mexico)
Goji Berries: These berries contain 18 amino acids and are one of the richest sources of cartenoids, phytochemicals that act as antioxidants, of all known foods. Not only does goji berry improve eyesight, fertility and circulation but it supports your immune system and promotes a long life.